Mittwoch, 14. März 2012

Module 2, chapter 8, image 53


Here is a sample with eleven different ribbons.
Number 1 (left upper corner) : The basic is a monoprint with black silk sari yearn with knotts sewed on my basic fabric.
Number 2: Here  are sewed together six or seven cotton strips and after sewing they are frayed with a hart brush to get this smoothy surfaces,
Nimber 3: This painted strip is covered with a white a gauze. This gauze is sewed down with zig-zag stitch. After sewing I have pulled out the threads from the longitudinal direction.
Number 4:  Between the two strips I have made folded black triangles and sewed them together.
Number 5: Shows the same technic as in number 4. The difference is that I have used two different light colour triangles.
Number 6: On this strip I have stitched a frayed cord.
Number 7: I stitched a derorative freehand pattern by machine.
Number 8: I stitched down four frayed selvages.
Number 9: I used my resist pattern fabric. Around this circle pattern I arranged white cotton threads and sewed them down.
Number 10: This is a bought fabric, covered with vanishing muslin, stitched and afterwards ironed and brushed.
Number 11: On this fabric I used a fantasy stitch.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen