Dienstag, 23. September 2014

Chapter 4:
Coloring and bonding from fabrics and threads

 


Picture 45:
My selection of threads in dye bath . For my fabrics and transfer adhaesives I have used Procion also Dye- na Flow and Javana silk paints. The results can be seen in the following pictures.


Picture 46:
My threads. I shall use also threads  bought from Anne Lange.

Picture 47:
A selection of my dyed fabrics. I have dyed on wet and dry fabrics , I have also used salt crystals. On a wet fabric the color was easy to overlay to get more interesting movements.


Picture 48:

A selection of my silks.
 
 


Picture 49:
A selection of my transfer adhaesives.




Chapter 5:
Free machine stitchery to interpret drawings.



Picture 50:
I have made 3 different types of stitchery based on my drawing.
Left: a scrim, done with zig-zag stitch to get wavy lines. The threads were pulled together.
Middle: zig-zag stitch free hand .
Right: a double layer chiffon machine straight stitch with twin needles.



Picture 51:
5 exercises related to my drawing.
Left: callico, first I sewed with a thick yarn in wavy lines on my callico. In the gaps I sewed white bubbles.
Middle: on painted Bonda web I have sewed wavy bubbles.
Right: wavy lines and bubbles on scrim.
Left under: meandering in wip stitch in two colors about each other.
Right under: two layers chiffon with little pieces painted Bonda web between. Free hand stitching around the bubbles.

Picture 52:
3 exercises related to my drawing and fotograph.
Right upper: 2 layers of organza sewed in meandering and than melted partially away, but this effect can not bee seen on the foto.
Left under: here are 3 layers: first layer callico, second layer a fine layer wool, third layer Kozo faser, these 3 layers were sewed together in straight stitches.
Right under: scrim sewed with zig-zag stitch to get oval circles.


Picture 53:
Right upper: Baby wip sewed in long zig-zag lines related to my drawing.
Left under: painted callico even so stitched in long zig-zag lines.
Middle: this is a house hold foil stitched even so in long zig-zag lines. From this foil I have bent over a little piece to demonstrate the material.
Right under: a piece of jute sewed in zig-zag stitch in long zig-zag lines.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen