Sonntag, 2. Februar 2014

Chapter 10, book, structures
Constructing books is new foreign profession for me. Last summer I did some book binding with friends. It shows that it is a big help for me now.

Picture 59:
This is a foto, which shows all my hand made different books.




.
Picture 60:
My first book is a simple book binding. The bags are kept together with a simple seam.  It is made from bread bags.




Picture 61:
This is a folded accordeon. Between two folds is one page added. The edges are stitched with different kind of  embroidery.


Picture 62 and 63:
This is a folded accordeon with pocketts and it has an open spin and can be closed with a cord. The front and the back site are made from cranched parcel paper. Painted with deluded procion. The folds are stitched even so the edges from the pocket with straight stitches.


 
 
 



Picture 64 and 65:
It is a flag book. The cover was made from egg boxes painted with green spray. Stemped with the letters "A" for the front and a "Z" for the back. The flags are made from transparent paper and  are stemped with the "ABC..." and so on.

 
 


Picture 66:
This is a folded one sheet book. The folds are stitched with zigzag stitches to get pockets.



Picture 67:
This picture is a a folded tea bag book.



After all these different examples I have decided something to do for my special book structure related to media, which is characterized by zigzag, to and fro.

Picture 68, 69, 70 and 71:
These are the beginning for the origami envelopes. I have taken non-woven wallcoverings. This paper is crumpled.  Then I  ironed the paper with iron transfer paints. Therefore I painted several copy paper with these paints.





I cut this paper to the desired measure and folded it in envelopes and stitched it with seed stitches by hand.

Pictures 72:
The paper to make my pulp for the cover  sheet and my tool for rubbing with oil paint sticks. After rubbing I wash it with deluded paint. This proceedure I repeated several times very carefully, until I was content with the result.



Picture 73:
This is the result  folded in the correct size and ready for stitching related to my previous examples.



Picture 74:
If I consider, than I draw the stitches on a sheet of transparent paper and place this on my work. So I get an impression how it could be.

 
 


Picture 75:
Work in process.
 

 
 
 
Picture 76, 77, 78 and 79:
These fotos show my result of module four.
 
 


 
 
 
 



2 Kommentare:

  1. Wow! Ich bin schwer beeindruckt. Dein Buch mit den Umschlägen ist wunderschön geworden.
    Renate

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. WOW,das sieht fantastisch aus das Büchlein,ich bin auch sehr beindruckt,wunderschöne arbeit.

    GLG Jeannette

    AntwortenLöschen